The Chautauqua County Association for the Education of Young Children supports the development of professionals to promote high-quality care and education for the well being of all young children and their families.
The vision of CCAEYC mirrors the vision of NAEYC, in that we believe in:
- supporting excellent early education
- improving teaching and learning
- building a high quality profession of early childhood educators and advocates for all young children
- promoting public support and policies
The association strives to achieve this mission by:
- fostering the professional growth and competence of all persons working with
- advocating high standards for programs serving young children.
- disseminating information about children’s issues to policy makers and the general public.
- encouraging the involvement of local members in networking with regional, state, and national AEYC groups.
- encouraging professional behavior and supportive fellowship among all early childhood professionals.
- supporting parents in their role as the primary caregivers and educators of their children.
- working collaboratively with other professional organizations and agencies on behalf of young children.
CCAEYC Governing Board
At Large Members:
Child Care Council – Chris Wigren
Head Start –